An app for HTML coding is one of the main tools for programmers, code, and text editors. There are a lot of HTML editor Windows solutions that provide different functionality. If you are looking for one of the best HTML editor or want to know what features different editors provide, then you should read this article.
In this article, we will compare two of the most popular HTML editors: Notepad++ and UltraEdit, talk about the features they provide, their advantages, and disadvantages.
Table of Contents
What can an app for HTML coding do?
HTML editor is an application that allows you to create and edit HTML code. Using this application you can view the source code, search and replace characters, save and test the results of your work.
Some HTML editors allow you to preview created web pages. There are apps that provide the ability to export the generated HTML code to another program. In addition, HTML editors have a lot of useful features that help you create web pages. These tools include syntax highlighting, word wrap, autocomplete, and much more.
What are the key features of UltraEdit?
UltraEdit is one of the most popular cross-platform HTML editors. It supports Windows, Linux, and Mac OS operation systems. UltraEdit is a reliable and secure HTML editor that guarantees the safety of your data. It is widely known for its high performance, customization options, and beautiful themes.
UltraEdit provides a lot of useful and handy features for creating HTML code. Let’s list the main of them.
- Code highlighting. UltraEdit allows you to customize the code highlight color. You can also set different highlight colors for each character. With this feature, you can easily find errors, match brackets, and more.
- Integrated Live Preview. Preview your HTML as you’re working on it, with unsaved changes updating in real time as you make them.
- Code auto-complete. This feature allows you to automatically generate closing tags. Other than that, you can fully customize it. UltraEdit allows you to customize how auto-complete works with various methods such as using regular expressions or CSS class names to match your tags or elements in the document. Auto-complete allows you to speed up the process of writing code, finding errors, and reducing their number.
- Possibility of multiline editing. UltraEdit allows you to select and edit multiple lines of code at the same time. In this case, the selected lines are highlighted and you can see all the changes made.
- Ability to preview HTML. UltraEdit allows you to view HTML pages in a text editor. This makes it easy to view all changes while editing code, and quickly find and fix bugs.
- Auto-expanding code templates. This feature allows you to automatically generate a code snippet in your document after entering a template keyword. Using code templates speeds up the code creation process when you use the same code frequently.
- Drag and drop images. UltraEdit allows you to drag and drop images from a folder or file into the editor window. In this case, the HTML code is generated automatically. You can resize and move images by simply dragging the edges of the image. The corresponding code is updated automatically.
- CSS color swapping. UltraEdit allows you to preview the color of various HTML elements by hovering over CSS color definition. After that, you can easily change the color with one click.
- Integrated FTP/SFTP client. UltraEdit has a built-in FTP/SFTP client that makes it easy to upload external files directly to the editor and send changes to the server after saving the changes to the file.
- Integrated SSH. UltraEdit has a built-in SSH client with which you can access a remote server and exchange files with it directly from the editor.
- UI customization. UltraEdit comes with a set of predefined themes from which you can choose the one that works best for you. The customizable UI allows you to organize your workspace the way you want.
- Ability to open and edit large files up to 4 GB or more.
- Column edit mode.
- Auto-closing HTML tags.
- Extended possibilities for customization.
- Reliability and data security.
- Quick search in a large number of files.
- After the end of the trial period, you need to subscribe to a paid subscription.
What features does Notepad++ provide you?
Notepad++ is one of the most popular source code editors to use on Windows. It is provided free of charge under the General Public License. This means that all content creators and developers can use this editor right after downloading.
This code editing software provides basic features such as autosave, macros, controlled indent, simultaneous editing of several files, finding and replacement of lines of text, and removal of extra spaces. It has a syntax highlighting feature and provides the ability to use limited autocomplete.
Notepad++ is available in over 80 languages, making it easy for people all over the world to use. If your language is not on the list of translations, then you can translate it into your native language yourself.
Notepad++ provides a multi-document interface for switching between tabs and managing multiple projects at the same time. It offers a list of plugins to increase the functionality of the code editor and integrate seamlessly with other programs.
- Lightweight, fast, and easy to use.
- Free, distributed under the GPL license.
- Possibility to work with multiple open files in one window.
- Available only for Windows.
- Limited options in customizing the user interface.
- Inability to work with large files.
- No built-in package manager.
- Limited autocomplete functionality.
- Limited new syntax support for new languages.
So, UltraEdit provides a much wider range of functionality than Notepad++ and is also more powerful and reliable. Its important advantages are cross-platform, customization options, and the ability to work with large files.
Ready to get started with a powerful cross-platform HTML editor?
Sign up for UltraEdit and get a 30-day trial for free.
- How To Work Effectively With CSV Files In Tabular Text Editors - January 20, 2023
- How Hex Editors Help Solve A Cybercrime Investigation - December 22, 2022
- What Is A Code Editor? Difference Between IDE And Code Editor - November 3, 2022